Powerful analysis of vibration and noise signals
- Unique methods for offline analysis of noise and vibration from time waveform and speed signals
- High-resolution frequency- and order-based spectral analysis
- Advanced machinery diagnosis for troubleshooting, product development and predictive maintenance
- Various solutions for identifying effects in machinery with rotating or reciprocating parts, such as
- early-stage bearing and gearbox defects
- individual vibration frequencies
- resonances and many others
- Full suite of fast, meaningful and efficient analysis and plotting tools to use in reports and presentations
Powerful offline analysis
ibaRotate is the software solution for analyzing time domain measurements with significant cyclical pattern, such as vibration and acoustic noise. ibaRotate works with iba measuring files and other file types*.
ibaRotate is the perfect solution for engineers, technicians, and researchers who need to analyze data with rotating or reciprocating motions or acoustic data. ibaRotate is suitable for a variety of industries such as automotive, aviation, pulp and paper, rolling mills, power generation, manufacturing, and more. Application areas include, but not limited to, motor testing, predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, and product development.
*Additional license required
One solution for many demands
ibaRotate provides unique methods for high-resolution frequency- and order-based spectral analysis of your data that enable you to diagnose the root-causes of your machinery problems. ibaRotate is the perfect complementary tool to ibaAnalyzer for difficult machinery problem requiring additional detailed analysis.
The demands I
ibaRotate offers solutions for the following demands:
- Distinguishing individual vibration frequencies in Hz, RPM, and orders
- Identifying resonances
- Dynamic fatigue analysis on the sprung side
- Torsional vibration analysis without the use of slip rings, shaft-mounted transducers, or telemetry
- Identifying problems in variable-speed machinery, particularly when the speed changes rapidly or over a large range
- Troubleshooting intermittent problems that may require hours of data recording
- Identifying early-stage bearing and gearbox defects
- Creating a machine speed (RPM) history from vibration data alone (without a speed signal)
The demands II
- Separating order-related vibration from non-order related vibration
- Identifying problems in crowded, noisy signals from gearboxes and transmissions with closely-spaced and crossing orders
- Diagnosing machinery when there is a noisy speed signal, or no speed signal at all
- Performing advanced machinery diagnosis away from the machinery by “slicing and dicing” time waveform data with powerful analysis tools
- Creating impressive plots and tables of data to use in reports and presentations
The waterfall diagram shows a run-up with inner ring fault.
Full suite of analysis tools
ibaRotate includes a full suite of analysis and plotting tools. Analysis is fast and efficient.
- Tachometer processing creates a smoothed machine speed curve from even noisy speed (pulse or DC) or encoder signals.
- Waterfall analysis creates a spectral waterfall plot of the data. You can also display the plot in orders of running speed if there is a speed signal. You can quickly switch between frequency-based and oder-based results.
- RPM from waterfall analysis creates a smoothed machine speed curve from the data without a speed signal.
- Order normalization cancels the effect of frequency smearing across spectral bins when the shaft speed is changing rapidly (high slew rate) by resampling triggered by tachometer speed. You can “zoom in” on arbitrary order bands with a greatly enhanced resolution.
Further analysis tools
- Computed order tracking creates a Bode plot of the amplitude and phase of the data at each order as a function of time, RPM, or frequency by resampling at a constant shaft angle increment instead of a constant time interval.
- Torsional analysis creates a spectral waterfall plot of the torsional vibration from a high-resolution speed or encoder signal.
- Millstrum analysis (cepstrum) identifies families of harmonics and sidebands, particularly useful on noisy signals with low-amplitude harmonics or sidebands characteristic of early-stage bearing or gearbox defects.
Analysis and signal processing
- Signal preprocessing and AC Coupling to enhance lower frequencies.
- A, B, and C weighting for acoustic analysis.
- Whole Body and Hand Arm weighting for comfort analysis.
- Integration and differentiation display the results in acceleration, velocity, or displacement.
Powerful plotting abilities
- Powerful plotting abilities include time waveform, machine speed curve, waterfall, contour, spectrogram, and Bode plots; overlay machine speed curves from different positions for speed profiling along a line; zoom in and autoscale any plot; change the orientation of a waterfall plot.
- Plot cursors include single or multiple independent cursors for detection of rolling-element bearing, harmonic, sideband, gearbox and planetary gearbox frequencies.
- Audio playback of time signals.
- Export plots and data for reporting.
The 2D-colormap shows contours of changing speeds.
Acquire and analyze data
ibaPDA and ibaAnalyzer are the essential tools to acquire and analyze data.
Hardware to acquire data
Our standard tools for data acquisition